Recipes created by Andrea Slobodian of Heinen's Grocery Stores and our very own Kelly Owen-Spears
The Holidays bring lots of opportunities to celebrate with others and to attend and host parties. Many of us are trying to find ways to trim excess processed sugar and eat a little healthier, even during the holidays. Here are some options for you to try that use fresh pressed juices for your Holiday cocktails, and are better options over sugar laden premixes from the shelf of your liquor store.
Feel free to use your imagination when selecting your favorite Garden of Flavor fresh pressed juices. You can always make a mocktail by swapping out the alcohol for other ingredients, such as espresso instead of Kahlua, or fresh pomegranate juice or syrup instead of Pomegranate liqueur.
6 ounces GOF White Knight Cashew Mylk
1-2 ounces Peppermint Schnapps
1 tablespoon raw cacao powder or crushed nibs
3-4 fresh mint leaves for garnish
- Pour the cashew milk in a blender and add the cacao powder or crushed cacao nibs and the Schnapps, (or use peppermint flavoring).
- Blend well until cacao is incorporated and drink is frothy.
- Pour in a tall tumbler and add mint sprig and red striped straw for garnish. Sprinkle top with crushed cacao nibs for a nice crunch.
Mocha Java Snowcap
Prepare the same as the Peppermint Bark except substitute Kahlua for the Schnapps. For rimming of the glass, use flaked coconut with crushed cacao and add a dash of ground coffee beans for a zip! Maybe you can even try flavored coffee beans! Sprinkle drink with coconut flakes.
White Knight Russian
6 ounces GOF White Knight Cashew Mylk
1 oz Kahlúa or strong espresso
1/2 cup ice
- Place ice in a low ball glass.
- Pour Kahlua over ice
- Slowly pour the White Knight over the ice. Serve immediately.
White Knight Pumpkin Egg Nog
1- 16 oz GOF White Knight cashew mylk
1-15oz can full fat coconut milk
1 cup of pureed pumpkin
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1/2 oz spiced rum
Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth and frothy
Pour into tall glass rimmed with ginger sugar or cinnamon sugar. ( see rimming recipes).
If needed, add additional White Knight to thin if too thick.
Sprinkle with fresh ground nutmeg and cinnamon.
Mean Green Mule
2-1/2 ounces Vodka
2 ounces GOF Mean Greens
3/4 oz fresh lime juice
3 ounces of ginger beer
Cucumber slices for garnish
- Pour vodka, mean greens and lime juice in a cocktail shaker with ice and shake well.
- Pour into a copper Moscow Mule mug.
- Add Ginger beer to mixture.
- Use cucumber slices dipped in lime zest for a garnish.
Turmeric Tonic Painkiller
2 ounces of Rum (navy or dark)
5 ounces of GOF Turmeric Tonic Juice
1 ounce cream of coconut
garnish with nutmeg and a pineapple slice
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth
- Pour into a tall glass and garnish with fresh grated nutmeg and a pineapple slice.
Appleade Red Hot!
4 oz GOF Appleade Juice
1 oz red Hot Cinnamon liqueur
Add spiral sliced apples for garnish
- Place Appleade in a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add Cinnamon Liqueur and shake well
- Garnish with an apple spiral slice.
Cranberry Appleade Spritzer
8 oz GOF Appleade Juice
2 oz vodka
1/4 cup fresh cranberries
small slice of fresh ginger root
1 tablespoon agave nectar or maple syrup
4 oz club soda or seltzer water
- Combine fresh cranberries with ginger and agave nectar and pulse in a blender until a smooth paste forms.
- Add the Appleade and the vodka and blend well.
- Fill a low ball glass with ice and strain the drink over it.
- Add the club soda and garnish with fresh cranberries or sliced apples
6 oz GOF Appleade
1-2 oz Applejack brandy
Splash of tonic water if desired
Use sliced apples dipped in lemon juice for garnish or float fresh cranberries in the glass.
- Place ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice and shake well until cold
- Pour drink into a lowball glass.
- Add a splash of Tonic Water and garnish with a slice of apple dipped in lemon and cinnamon sugar.
- As an option, you can rim glass with a 50/50 maple syrup and water to wet rim and walnut meal with a pinch of nutmeg and cinnamon.
Grasshopper Green Mimosa
6 oz GOF The Grasshopper
4 oz Prosecco, chilled
- Pour Grasshopper into a tall champagne flute.
- Slowly pour the Prosecco to add.
- Garnish with and green apple slice and floating cranberries.
Green Harmony Martini
4 ounces of GOF Green Harmony
1 ounce of Elderflower liqueur (Saint Germain)
A splash of tonic water or seltzer water
Garnish with Pineapple slice
- Combine Green Harmony with the Elderflower liqueur.
- Rim glass with vanilla extract and dip into lime zest.
- Pour drink into glass. Add tonic water
- Garnish with pineapple and serve.
Twisted Roots Holiday Cassis
4 ounces of GOF Twisted Roots Beet Juice
2 of Creme de Cassis, Framboise, or Chambord Ice
- Combine Twisted roots and Creme de Cassis , Framboise or Chambord in a
- cocktail mixer and shake well.
- Rim glass with crushed freeze dried raspberries mixed with 1/2 tsp lemon zest.
- Fill glass with ice. Pour drink over ice.